- This event has passed.
December 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Join us for local Scandinavian Folk Dance and Music, a host of local artists and crafters, and have a locally brewed beer while you are at it!
Kari will be performing some of her Yuletide Celebration classics, teaching a few traditional dance steps, and leading young and old in the songs and dances of the season from all over the Nordic lands. Joined by many of her favorite musicians, this will be a true celebration of Winter. While not singing and dancing, Kari will be on hand to deliver Winter Solstice Rune Readings!
Music and Dance Schedule Fernweh Tap room
Friday December 15th
- Noon – Opening Ceremony with Volva Kari – Front Door, Fernweh Tap room, and Beer Garden
- 1:00 Juletide stories and Community Dances with Kari Tauring
- 3:00 – 5:00 Joey Johnson (Accordion) playing Scandinavian and Christmas favorites Dancing will ensue…
- 5:30 – 7:00 Matt Yetter joins Kari for Yuletide Originals and Christmas Blues.
- 7:30 – 9:00 Scandinavian Set Dances with members of the Minneapolis Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian dance groups: Char Bostrom, Christopher Moeller (fiddles) and Judith Kjenstad (accordion) playing for community set dances taught by Sarah Maas. These dances include everyone in the community who would like to dance, easily learned and fun to try with simple walking, skipping, and hopping steps and hand to hand chains.
- 9:00 Drinking Songs and Ceremony Kari Tauring and Stavers in the House
- Closing the Day Horn Blow